Church Ministry Signup (Due by Oct 1st)
We ask our Confirmation candidates to commit to serving in a ministry here at St. James. It gives you an opportunity to experience your faith in a new way. Please…
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR MINISTRY
…and give your 3 preferences as to which ministry you would like to serve this year. We will put you in contact with the coordinator of that ministry and you will be responsible for carrying out that commitment of serving throughout the year. There are varying level of commitments, so please do not sign up for a ministry hoping you will be able to participate. Our parish is counting on you to follow through on these commitments.
Confirmation Retreat Selection
Saturday, Jan 28th 8am – Sunday, Jan 29th 11:30am
Saturday, Feb 4th 8am – Sunday, Feb 5th 11:30am
- Spots are limited for each retreat, so CLICK HERE to give your preference of retreat.
- Retreats will be filled on a first, come, first serve basis to this preference survey, so please respond immediately and you will be notified as to which retreat you will attend.
- Submit your preference BY NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 13TH
- The retreats are designed to build community for ALL who attend, so selecting the retreat that best fits your schedule still guarantees you a wonderful retreat experience.
Sponsor Requirements, Selection & Contact Info Form (Due by Oct 1st)
HERE IS THE SPONSOR INFORMATION FORM
We ask that you do select your sponsor the sponsor/candidate meeting date on Nov. 7. Please fill in the form so we connect with your sponsor and keep them updated and in prayer about the process and events.
St. James Requirements of Your Sponsor (please let your sponsor know when you select them):
- Attend the Candidate/Sponsor Reflection Day on Oct. 16th at St. James (9:30am-12pm)
- Complete ONE service activity and discussion with candidate (Candidate needs to complete Candidate/Sponsor Service Activity Reflection Form for this activity)
- Attend the rehearsal (May 18 @ 6:30pm) and Confirmation Mass (May 21st @ 2pm) at St. James
Liturgy: Liturgy is the source and summit of our faith as Catholics. It is a must that candidates attend and participate in Mass each week, not simply out of obligation, but as a way of deepening our relationship with God.
YOU ARE MISSED when you do not attend, so please respect our catechists and the group by attending the sessions.
- Make up work is required after missing more than two sessions. ** See make-up lessons at the bottom of the page.
- On occasion, candidates may attend a Tuesday session in the same week they cannot attend Sunday and vice versa. Contact the CF office so we can alert the affected catechist.
- If attendance becomes an issue, candidates may be asked to postpone Confirmation to a time they can commit more to the process.
Candidates are asked to complete two different types of service during the year…
- Church Ministry — you should complete a minimum of 10 hours of individual service to the church – see form at the top of the page for details and signup
- Service with your Sponsor — this can be service to the church or to your community – see sponsor form above for details – we will provide some ideas & opportunities for this service throughout the year
Confirmation Rehearsal (May 18th at 6:30pm) & Mass (May 21st @ 2pm) at St. James (for both)
Be sure to get on your schedule and your sponsor’s schedule these two dates.
STAY TUNED IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR FOR DETAILS ABOUT…
- SELECTING A CONFIRMATION NAME
- Confirmation Candidate Questionnaire For the Bishop – Complete and turn in to the CF office
- CONFIRMATION INTERVIEWS
1. Each session consists of six 3-10 minute segment videos on various Decision Point topics.
2. After watching the videos, answer the questions in the Google Form that correspond to the specific sections of the session. Your answers to each question should be in paragraph form.
3. Once you have finished the form, your responses will be directly recorded.