Are you expecting a baby or in the process of adoption?
We are pleased to help you prepare for your child’s baptism! St. James joyfully celebrates this sacrament within our community during mass on the third weekend of most months.
Baptisms may be scheduled for these upcoming dates:
- October 20 & 21, 2018
- November 17 & 18, 2018
- January 19 & 20, 2019
Mass options for these weekends include 4:30 pm mass on Saturday, 8:15 or 10:30 mass on Sunday morning or 5:30 pm on Sunday evening.
Here is some basic information about celebrating baptism at St. James…
- Parents should be registered members of St. James.
- First-time parents and those new to St. James are required to participate in a pre-baptism class that discusses the tradition & symbols of the sacrament and the parental duty to raise their child in the practice of the faith, as well as the actual rite of baptism.
- Pre-baptism classes are usually held on the first Tuesday of each month at 7pm in the Great Room.
- No preparation is required for parents who have already baptized a child at St. James.
- We will schedule no more than four baptisms for each Mass time so that baptisms may be as personal as possible.
To schedule a baptism, please call Kristin Kebis, Coordinator of Child Ministry: 262-253-2908 or email her at email@example.com.