Did you just welcome a new little one to your family?
Are you expecting a baby or in the process of adoption?
We are pleased to help you prepare for your child’s baptism!
Baptisms take place during all masses on the third full weekend of most months. Private baptisms may be an option for families with special circumstances.
Baptism weekends for the remainder of 2023 are:
- June 17 & 18
- July 15 & 16
- Aug 19 & 20
- Sept 16 & 17
- Oct 21 & 22
- Nov 18 & 19
Here is some basic information about celebrating baptism at St. James…
- Parents should be registered members of St. James.
- First-time parents and those new to St. James are required to participate in a pre-baptism class that discusses the tradition & symbols of the sacrament and the parental duty to raise their child in the practice of the faith, as well as the actual rite of baptism.
- Pre-baptism classes are generally offered on the first Sunday of the month following morning masses or by appointment as needed. These sessions meet in the Great Room off the Gathering Space. Upcoming session dates for 2023 areas follows:
- June 4th at 10:15 am
- Jul 9th at 10:15 am
- Aug 6th at 10:15 am
- Sept 10th (2nd Sun) at 11:45 am
- Oct 1st at 11:45 am
- Nov 5th at 11:45 am
- Dec 3rd at 11:45 am
- Preparation classes are not required for parents who have already baptized a child at St. James. However, parents are always welcome to join us for a refresher!
For more information or to schedule a baptism, please contact Kristin Kebis, Coordinator of Child Ministry. Call 262-253-2908 or email email@example.com