Forming the Catechetical Spirit
Are you looking to sharpen your skills as a catechist, enrich your understanding of our Catholic traditions or feel more prepared to teach the faith to your children? Here’s a great opportunity for you! Join us for Forming the Catechetical Spirit program
(also known as FtCS)
FtCS is a monthly, adult formation process that will help you grow in faith and give you the tools to share faith with others. This wonderful program is OPEN TO ALL and FREE.
This program meets on Saturday mornings, roughly once a month and after 9 sessions you will have basic certification.
Check out this flyer for more information and to register
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
- This process is for adults who have not been baptized and want to explore learning more about Jesus Christ and the Catholic church; or for adults baptized in another Christian denomination, but who may now be interested in being accepted and confirmed into the Catholic church; or
- Adults who are baptized Catholics, but have not completed their full initiation into the Catholic church and still need to celebrate the sacraments of 1st Eucharist and Confirmation.
- Please call Gerry Wolf, Pastoral Associate, at 253-2213, for more details. This process begins in mid-September.
Adult Confirmation…Catholicism 101
- Sponsored by the Cluster Parishes
- Hosted by Good Shepherd parish.
- In January, eight sessions are held for those persons who would like to receive the sacrament of Confirmation.
- The sessions are also for those who would like to study and review the basics of the Catholic faith.
- Throughout the year opportunities are offered to come together to read and discuss a variety of books.
- On Wednesdays at 8:45 a group meets for 20 – 30 minutes of silent prayer called Centering prayer. We meet in the Reconciliation Room at St. James. We offer the opportunity for centering prayer or contemplative prayer: a time of silence, and a time to be in God’s presence in a unique and special way.