Christian Formation for Children
We welcome all children, beginning in 3K, into our Christian Formation programming. Christian Formation is a wonderful way to introduce your child to our faith, and is a necessary component in order to receive sacraments.
In-person Christian Formation classes for 3K, 4K & 5K are offered on Sundays from 8:15-9:15am. Classes for 1st-5th grade are offered on Sundays from 9:30-10:30am, 11:30am-12:30pm and Tuesdays from 6-7pm. Classes begin October 4/6 and go through the end of April.
We also have a virtual CF program this year for children in 3K-5th grade that involves work to be done at home each week and bi-monthly virtual class sessions that meet on Sundays from 4:30-5:30pm.
Lessons for In-Person Classes at Home
Dec 13/15 Lesson:
- Watch the recorded video lesson. Click Here
- Read the Christmas pages in your textbook or use the Christmas pages in your take-home packet.
- Here are several fun optional Christmas activities that you can do anytime before Christmas:
Dec 6/8 Lesson:
- Choose to watch one or all of these videos about Advent
- Read the Advent pages in your textbook or use the Advent pages in your take-home packet.
- Make Your Own Advent Wreath using the printable materials below, crayons, a glue stick, a paper plate and 5 toilet paper rolls.
Nov 22nd/Dec 1st Lessons to be done at home:
Sacramental Preparation: First Reconciliation & First Eucharist
Children will prepare for these sacraments through participation in weekly Christian Formation classes, our GIFT family program or our virtual formation program, as well as two parent/child retreats. There is a sacramental fee of $55 that covers the cost of textbooks & other materials, as well as the two retreats.
Important Sacrament Dates 2020-2021:
Reconciliation Parent Meetings will be virtual this fall. Families with a student enrolled in 2nd grade will be emailed a link to the meeting.
Reconciliation Parent/Child Retreats will meet in person on these dates:
- Nov 13th from 6-8:30pm
- Nov 14th from 9am-11:30am
First Reconciliation will be celebrated in person on:
- Nov 18th at 6pm
- Nov 19th at 6pm
Eucharist Parent Meetings will be held in the Community Center:
- Jan 24th at 9:30 a.m.
- Jan 26th at 6 p.m.
Eucharist Parent/Child Retreats will meet in the Community Center:
- March 12th from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- March 13h from 9 a.m.-noon.
First Eucharist will be celebrated**
- May 1st at 4:30 mass (Rehearsal on April 29th at 5:30pm)
- May 2nd at 8:15 mass (Rehearsal on April 29th at 6:30pm)
- May 2nd at 10:30 mass (Rehearsal on April 29th at 7:15pm)
- May 8th at 4:30 mass (Rehearsal on May 6th at 5:30pm)
**Date selection process will be made available at the parent meetings